HOW TO JOIN AN LDAP TEAM WHEN CREATING A NEW ACCOUNT
Please note: The following is only applicable to users signing up for an Enterprise Semaphor account using an e-mail address from a claimed domain.
1. Select the link given to you by your Semaphor team administrator. This will automatically open your Semaphor application.
2. Enter your work e-mail address.
3. Enter the password provided to you by your Semaphor team administrator.
4. If it has not already been autofilled, enter the alphanumeric code given to you by your team administrator into the ‘Fingerprint’ field.
5. Select the ‘Sign in to Semaphor’ button. You will automatically be added to your team domain. Note: this step may take a few minutes to complete.
HOW TO JOIN AN LDAP TEAM FROM AN EXISTING SEMAPHOR ACCOUNT
When a Semaphor Enterprise team claims a domain you are a member of you will be forced to either change your username to a different e-mail address or provide the correct credentials to be added to the team. This is displayed by a screen which will open on your Semaphor application requesting you to either ‘Cancel and Change Account e-mail’ or ‘Convert Account & Join Team’.
CANCEL AND CHANGE ACCOUNT E-MAIL
If you do not wish to remain a part of the LDAP Team, you can choose to change the email address associated with your account. If you choose to change your account, all your Teams, Channels, and content will be preserved except for the domain-claimed Team.You will only lose access to the Team whose domain has been claimed.
1. From the ‘Convert to Managed Account’ screen, select the ‘Cancel and Change Account e-mail’ option.
2. If you have not already created a recovery key, you can generate one now by selecting the ‘Generate a new key’ checkbox. Make sure to save this recovery key somewhere safe, as it is the only way to gain access to your account.
3. Enter a new e-mail address in the appropriate field. Alternatively, you can choose to use an alias instead of an e-mail address by choosing the ‘Use an Alias’ option below the text field.
4. A window will appear to confirm a successful change to your credentials.
5. You will now be taken back to your Semaphor team and channel view.
CONVERT ACCOUNT & JOIN TEAM
If you already have a Semaphor account with an email address from a claimed domain, you can convert your existing account to join the LDAP team. You will not lose access to any other Teams which you are a member of unless the Admin of the Enterprise Team has chosen to restrict your access.
1. From the ‘Convert to Managed Account’ screen select the ‘Convert Account & Join Team’ option.
2. In the ‘Work Password’ field enter the password given to you by your Semaphor team administrator.
3. If it has not already been filled, enter the alphanumeric code given to you by your team administrator into the ‘Fingerprint’ field.
4. Select the ‘Convert Account & Join Team’ button. A confirmation window will appear which says: “Your account has been converted successfully.” You will automatically be added to your team domain. Note: this step may take a few minutes to complete.