CrossClave version 7.0, "Goldenrod Crab Spider"
7.0 is the version you really want!
If you've added people to your team already you know that our onboarding process is a bit clunky. Useable? Sure. Easy? Definitely not. Our "new onboarding" work is still in process, but we're excited to release a great new feature in version 7 that makes adding people to your team much easier: QR code onboarding.
In the onboarding screens, you'll now be able to use the QR code function to scan QR codes instead of typing or pasting. This means everything from the Team Join URL, to license keys, to user Account IDs can be filled by scanning a QR code. When adding people to your team you'll be able to quickly help them get their user account set up, then scan their Account ID to add them to your team. Onboarding just got much easier! We'll have some videos in our Help Center soon to demonstrate how to use QR code onboarding, as well as help for those who want to make their own QR codes.
Astute observers will notice that this is version 7 while our last release was version 5. Did you miss a release? Nope, you're just fine. Version 6 ended up being an internal-only release. We call this the "release train" model. Every two weeks we have a release, regardless of the features that are ready. Two weeks ago when it was time to release version 6 the features and fixes that were ready were nearly all backend or quality of life improvements. We decided to wait two more weeks for a public release, which you now have. Version 6 was behind the scenes improvements, and version 7 has lots of visible goodies to make your experience better. We'll have more releases like this in the future. Whenever we do we'll be sure to note it like this in the release notes.
Finally, one of my favorite features is included in this release: code blocks in chat. I don't know why I like this so much, but I do. Code blocks are available in the rich text menu (the big letter A) in the chat tab. ¡Long live code blocks 🤖 🦾 !
- Android 11 support added
- CrossClave now can remember the last active tab on a space
- The application will no longer preemptively start requesting data to populate the UI. It will instead properly wait until Platform is ready to start
- The "Copied!" button will now return to a "Copy!" state 5 seconds after it gets clicked to improve the user experience.
- Added the Add files toolbar with a new restyled file upload button
- CrossClave will now properly discard conflicted drafts
- CrossClave now shows the number of files on the Space Details view
- Disabled the "Download Support Logs" button while the logs are being saved (to prevent extra clicks/taps)
- Added a new bottom file upload toolbar on mobile
- Added QR code support to Onboarding
- Added an image preview for mobile
New Chat Features
- Added a timeout to messages sent in CrossClave which will allow a retry if they fail to send
- Added "Code Block" support on messages
- CrossClave now supports "Inline Code" in messages
- Logs are no longer reported as 'shared' when they're not actually sent
- Context menu's highlighted actions-background no longer goes over the menu borders
- Dialog can no longer grow until buttons are pushed out of the screen
- 'Choose New Admin' button in leave space dialog now behaves as expected
- Member Profile UI no longer varies based on browser
- Opening a file while it is being downloaded no longer causes an error
- CrossClave content opened via content URIs will now have proper permissions
Chat Bug Fixes
- Chat messages and send button no longer lost as chat input box expands on mobile devices
- Tooltips of formatting buttons are now properly in sentence case
- Word wrap in composition bar no longer fails
- @Mentions Search dialog no longer closes after user typed 4 letters with no match
- @Mentions Search dialog now properly closes when user does not select any username from the list
- Link icon no longer floats on top of @mention dialog
- Chat send icon is no longer lost when a name is too long
- Message list properly scrolls for new messages
- Retry no longer sends a buggy message
- Emojis are now correctly inserted when the caret is positioned at the emoji search field
- Rich text URL regex restrictions relaxed
- Navigating @ list with arrow keys will no longer highlight two names
- Inserting a link via rich text now correctly enables the 'send' button
- @/emoji/formatting buttons can now be properly clicked everywhere
- People mention button inserts "@" correctly now
Installer Hashes (SHA256):
|OS X installer
|Windows MSI installer (x64)
|Android APK installer
|DEB Linux (x64)