CrossClave 16, "Samoan Moss Spider"
CrossClave 16 is the version you really want!
"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together." --Vincent Van Gogh
Today we have a small CrossClave release for you. Small, but mighty! The team has been hard at work on a whole slate of upcoming features, and while not all of them made it into this version we do have several nice features ready for you. Let's take a look at them!
This is something many of you have requested and we wanted to make sure we went about implementing this in a mindful way. Who should be able to rename a space? Anyone in the space? The space admin? The team admin? After much discussion on the pros and cons (and the security implications of each) we developed this feature so that admins of a space have permission to rename it. You can find this in the Space options menu (three dots in the upper right corner of a Space).
It might seem like overkill to discuss the decision making process that went into a tiny feature like this, but it was an important exercise. There are lots of other things that will need to be renamed, like usernames, team names, file names, and several others that we won't reveal now since they are part of upcoming features. By having a thorough discussion of how this process should work we've made the implementation of those other features just a bit easier. Hopefully you enjoyed learning a bit about what goes on "behind the curtain" with our security and dev teams.
Better Add a Device experience
One of the most important things you should do after setting up CrossClave is adding a second device. We've made the process of doing that a bit more streamlined and in line with other onboarding processes. You may not even notice a difference! That's actually what we hope happens. If you don't have a second device set up, give it a try and let us know what you think of the experience.
There's also a laundry list of chat fixes and improvements. Some of these, such as the behavior when you click the Formatting button (the A below the input area), make the process of chatting a bit easier. Some, such as loading older chat messages in a better way, mean your team will be able to better look back at your chat history when needed.
We hope you'll enjoy using CrossClave 16 as much as we enjoyed making it.
- Restoring a device on CrossClave now uses a default URL to join instead of prompting the user for the URL
- Administrators can now rename spaces!
- For MacOS, support has been dropped for Catalina, but CrossClave is now supported for Monterey
- Chat messages older than first now correctly load
- Tapping the 'Show/hide formatting' button no longer makes the keyboard disappear
- Tapping backspace no longer causes the keyboard to disappear
- Users now properly get a 'Must Update' error during onboarding when necessary
- Chat no longer scrolls back to top, unprompted
- Onboarding "cancel" button has been properly sized
- Pressing Android back button in onboarding no longer exits the CrossClave app
Installer Hashes (SHA256):
|OS X installer||16.0||7262d2188593a4dd2a0e01db85641dd3e109b8539ce102a302789e403e34e3d6|
|Windows MSI installer (x64)||16.0||ac2239914187bf40afa1149b2c8905d3bc526253fc67b196369f608301f1b9ed|
|DEB Linux (x64)||16.0||a75c880f78a99fe150a1e85297e54383332d96cfdcf8cc52b9f8a32f95b052c0|