As administrator, you have full control over account settings. Once you’ve clicked on the Manage tab, you can set up groups, manage your billing, authorization codes and other account settings.
Creating groups allows you to segment users and customize settings for each.
CREATING A GROUP
To set up a user group, follow the steps below:
- Click on ‘Manage Groups’. Here you can see the default group and any other groups that have already been created.
- Click ‘Add Group’ to create a new group.
- When the pop up box appears, enter a name and choose the storage limit (N/A to Unlimited plans) for each user who will be assigned to this group.
- Webapi enable: Here you can give permission to the users of this group to log in through SpiderOak.com or their mobile devices.
- NOTE: In order to fully retain No Knowledge privacy, SpiderOak recommends users only access their data via the desktop application, which downloads the data before decrypting it locally. When accessing data via SpiderOak.com or on a mobile device, a user must enter their password. The password will then exist in the server memory for the duration of the browsing session. For this amount of time, the password is stored in encrypted memory and never written to an unencrypted disk. The moment the browsing session ends, the password is destroyed and no further trace is left. This represents the only situation where data could potentially be readable to someone else with access to the SpiderOak servers.
- Admin group: If you would like a group to have administrative privileges and access to the management console, select ‘Admin group’.
- Once you’ve made the appropriate selections, click the ‘Create Group’ button
You can change or upgrade your plan at any time. To do so, click on ‘Manage Billing.’ The initial plan size is 10 users. Once you’ve gone over the initial size, SpiderOak will automatically adjust based on whether you have added or deleted users that day. Administrators will receive an email at 5pm CST reflecting any changes in Plan Size that have occurred that day.
Any promotional codes can be entered in the text box provided at the bottom. Click ‘Update’ to apply the code.
Once you’ve made your desired changes, click ‘Next’ to be taken to the payment page.
In order to process payment, you’ll need to enter Name on Card, Card Number, CSV Code, and Expiration Date. Click ‘Next’ to be taken to the Summary page where you can review your order.
To view a text version of your encryption keys, click on ‘View Fingerprint’.
Here you can ensure that the keys are not tampered with at any time. When users first install the desktop client, the fingerprint will be shown to users. By requiring users to verify that the fingerprint they received matches the fingerprint shown here, you can ensure that users have the correct keys and no one outside of your organization can access your files.
Administrators can set up accounts for users by using Auth Codes. Click on ‘Manage Auth Codes’ to create, manage, or disable codes.
CREATE AUTH CODE
To create a code, click the ‘Create Code’ button. Here you can:
- Set the number of days until the code will expire by typing the number into the text box.
- Enable or disable ‘No Devices Only?’ to determine whether the code can be used to access an account that already has an device set up.
- Enable or disable ‘Single Use Only?’ By unchecking the box, the code can be used more than once. If the box remains checked, the code can only be used one time.
- Once you’ve made your selections, click ‘Create Auth Code’.
- The code will be generated and listed on the Auth Code page.
DISABLE AUTH CODE
Should you need to disable a code, you can do so by clicking the ‘Disable Code’ in the Token column of the code you wish to disable.
Settings for your account can be managed by clicking ‘Edit Account’. Here you can indicate set automatic purge; reboot virtual appliance, restart directory / services, add IP blocks, and change the account password.
ADD IP BLOCKS
Consumer Signup Restrictions Netblocks represent network blocks that are not allowed to sign up for the consumer SpiderOak service.
Here you can set the number of days you want historical versions and data in the Deleted Items to automatically purge. Once you’ve typed the number into the text box, click ‘Save Changes’.
Should you want to change the address for Support to end users, you can do so by typing in the address in the box provided. Click ‘Save Changes’ when finished.
REBOOT VIRTUAL APPLIANCE
This will restart the Virtual Machine running the management console.
RESTART DIRECTORY / SERVICES
This will restart the management console.
You have the ability to change the account password by clicking ‘Change Password’ and then entering the new password in the text boxes provided and then clicking ‘Change Password’ when finished.