Once you’ve logged in, you’ll be taken to the Users tab. The process of adding users is quick, simple, and can be done manually or via a CSV file.
ADD A USER MANUALLY
To add a user manually, click the ‘Add User’ button. Enter the user’s name and email address. A default group has been automatically created as your company name. If you would like to assign that user to a different group, you can do so by selecting a group you have created.
The user will be emailed a confirmation message with instructions on how to create a password and set up his or her account.
ADD USERS VIA CSV
If you need to add a large number of people to your account, you can use a CSV file. Here’s how to do it:
- Create a .csv file or a plain text file with the extension .txt. You may name this file anything you like. The format should include the header: email, name, and group name for each user.
- firstname.lastname@example.org,Jane Doe,Unlimited
- email@example.com,John Doe,Unlimited
- If you have not already created your user groups, then you must include ‘default’ for the group value of each user.
- Click the ‘Add CSV’ button under the User’s tab.
- Select ‘Choose File’ button and select your file. SpiderOak will automatically input the values and create each user account.
- Each user will be emailed a confirmation message with instructions on how to create a password and set up his or her account.
At some point, you may need to make changes to a user account. To do this, you can:
- Locate the user by searching on his or her name or email in the search bar.
- Click ‘Detail’ in the User Detail column.
Here you can edit the user name, email, change this user’s group, change the user’s password, disable, or delete the user. Once you’ve made the desired change, remember to click ‘Save Changes’ at the bottom of the page.
ACCESS A USER'S DATA
As an administrator, you can access the data uploaded by a specific user.
- Click on the ‘Detail’ link of the individual user.
- Then click the ‘Access User’s Data’ button.
- If the user has not uploaded any data, this button will not appear.
- This will transfer you to the Dashboard for the user’s account. You can view the web portal exactly as the user sees it.
- Here you can browse the user’s backup and shares.
- To access a file or folder in the Dashboard, go to ‘Manage’, select the Device you want, and navigate as follows. You can click directly on the file to download
DISABLE A USER ACCOUNT
In the event you need to place a user on legal hold, you can disable their account. This status will prevent the user from being able to access their account. You can disable the user account by following these steps:
- Click on the user you wish to access.
- Uncheck the Enabled box.
- Click ‘Save’.
This user is now no longer able to connect to SpiderOak via web access or mobile. The user does however retain access through any currently logged in Desktop Applications.
DELETE A USER ACCOUNT
To delete a user and the data within the user account, simply select the checkbox in the ‘Delete?’ column next to the user’s name you wish to delete. Click ‘Save Changes’ at the bottom of the page.
Alternatively, when accessing User Details, you can click ‘Delete User’ at the bottom of the page. You will be prompted with a confirmation pop up box. Click ‘Yes, Proceed’ to delete user and any data that has not been purged.