We offer two ways to share files: file sharing links for individual files, and ShareRooms for folders. This article discusses file sharing links.
To share a single file, you can use the single file sharing link tool.
1) Make sure the file that you want to share is already backed up to your account. If it isn't, select the file for backup and wait until the upload has completed.
2) Under the Manage tab, navigate to the file you wish to share and click it. Once the file is selected, push the Link button.
3) A window will open to prepare your new single file sharing link. Please note that for large files, this process may take a few minutes. When the link is prepared, it will appear in this window. You can copy this link and send it to anyone with whom you wish to share the file.
4) When anyone pastes this link into their browser's navigation bar, the file you shared will immediately begin downloading. The people you share with don't have to have SpiderOak ONE or Groups installed; anyone can use the link to download your file.
5) After three days, the link will expire. This is to protect your privacy and allow you to control how long others have access to the file. If you wish to share this file again, you will need to create a new link.
If you would like to share more than one file at a time, or share downloads that do not expire after three days, you may want to consider using a ShareRoom. You can view our guide to ShareRooms here.